Since you have become a full-time mom or dad, you know one thing, holidays aren’t what they used to be. There is no easy way to say this. You have forgotten how to peacefully lay back, relax, unwind, read a book or even take a swim. Nowadays it is all about your baby, toddler or even worse – a teen! Going to the beach is a process. Packing diapers, toys, all sorts of games to keep your young ones occupied, making sure you have tons of sunscreen, water, snacks, you name it. But the most important of it all is finding the best beach.
Top 5 beaches in and around Faro for children:
- Albufeira can be the perfect family beach. There is a cafe on the beach; you can rent umbrellas and chairs, it has public toilets and last but not least – there are tons of shells for your toddler to scoop up. It is just one thing we would like to remind you of– it can be very crowdy and noisy since there are hundreds of families here.
How to get there: It will take you less than an hour if you follow the A22 to IC1 in Albufeira. Take exit 9 and continue on IC1 to your destination.
- Lagos Meia Praia is also a very social beach with lots of bars and restaurants. It is suitable for families with toddlers or teens since it offers a bunch of activities, such as surfing or kayaking. If you hire a car in Faro, it will take you about an hour to get to Lagos.
How to get there: If you hire a car in Faro, it will take you about an hour to get to Lagos. Just follow A22 from IC4. Take exit 3 from A22. Take N125 to your destination in Lagos.
- Praia do Ancao is another famous family beach where you and your kids will feel safe. You won’t have to worry about the snacks and drinks; there are plenty of beach bars and restaurants. Praia do Ancao has even its own lifeguards. And you don’t have to worry about the space – there is enough for everyone.
How to get there: If you’ve hired a car in Faro, you should get to this beach in less than 30 minutes. Just take R. Cruz das Maestras and R. do Alportel to R. Aboim Ascensao. Take IC4 and N125 to Estr. Do Ludo. Continue on Estr. Do Ludo. Take Av. Da Gondra to Estr. Q ta do Lago in Almancil. Follow Av. Do Ancao to your destination.
- Carvoeiro is a beach where you and your kids can explore rock pools and caves. Crystal clear water and sand make it a perfect family beach. There are also lots of souvenir shops around if you crave shopping.:)
How to get there: Get on A22 from IC4. Follow A22 to N124-1 in Silves. Take exit 6 from A22. Continue on Continue on N124-1 to your destination in Carvoeiro.This is the fastest route, it will take you 50 minutes to reach the Carvoeiro.
- Praia de Odeceixe is an expansive sandy beach that will make you and your family fell in love with. Your bored teen can take a surfing class in the surf school here, while you enjoy your brunch.
How to get there: Get on A22 from IC4. Follow A22 to N120. Continue on N120. Drive to R. Principal in Odeceixe. In one hour and 40 minutes, you should reach your goal.
Activities for children in Faro district
Rated 4.6 / 5
based on 738 customer reviews