About USA Florida
The sunny state of Florida welcomes you with its vast array of attractions, which will capture your imagination. You can experience everything from blissful beaches, famous amusement parks, golf courses, wildlife spotting, to partying at one of the biggest festivals in the world. We can guarantee you will have plenty of fun in the sun! Speaking of the sun, did you know it is claimed that the first sunblock was invented in Miami Beach, in 1944.
Looking for a perfect palm tree and sandy beach postcard? Florida has you covered with over 650 miles of sandy beaches. Drive your car hire at Miami airport and spend the day sunbathing at one of the best beaches in Miami. More adventurous travelers out there will find themselves exploring the watery and humid lands of the peninsula, where alligators and crocodiles roam the swamps together with some snakes in the grass. Does this sound like too much of an adventure and adrenaline rush for you? If so, reroute your car hire at Orlando airport and visit one of many theme parks scattered across the city of Orlando. From the fan-favorite, Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, all the way to building blocks of Legoland and catching the Hogwarts Express to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Florida has you covered with plenty of sights to see!
Basic info and car hire in USA Florida
Location: Southern part of U.S.A
Official language: English
Currency: Dollar ($)
Weather: North part of the country has the humid subtropical climate, while the south areas have a true tropical climate, therefore the south part of Florida rarely encounters below freezing temperatures. The average daily temperature is 21.5 °C (70.7 °F), making Florida the warmest state in the U.S. Average temperature during the summer is around 32–34 °C (90 °F). Temperatures during the winter in the northern part are primary around 4–7 °C (°F), while on the south they can reach above 16 °C (60 °F) during the day. Central Florida is also known as the lightning capital of the U.S., as it experiences more lightning strikes than any other country. However, Florida has some diverse weather occurrences. Afternoon thunderstorms are quite common from spring to autumn. Therefore, if you are visiting Florida during this time of year don’t forget your umbrella. Florida is also known for its hurricane season and tornados, which typically aren’t that strong.
Public holidays in Florida: For public holidays in Florida click here»
Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés are mostly equipped with Wi-Fi. Xfinity is a company that provides free Wi-Fi across Florida with more than 137,000 Wi-Fi hotspots all over the sunny state, for more information about Xfinity, click here. Find other free Wi-Fi hotspots near you, click here»
Road conditions: Roads in Florida are well maintained. During the day you might experience some traffic jams. To keep an eye on Florida’s diverse weather try the Weather on Wheels smartphone app and you will be set with the forecast throughout your entire road trip. We would also recommend checking the road conditions before hitting the road since Florida has some of the busiest roads, click here»
Driving in USA Florida
The best way to see everything this sunny state has to offer is to car hire in Florida. Plan your ultimate road trip along the Florida Keys, over the bridges and through the many islands that curve down from Florida’s southern tip. Start your trip to Fort Lauderdale and enjoy a day or two at the gorgeous beaches and art Murals. Continue the drive to Key Largo – the self-proclaimed dive capital of the world, where you will be able to dive underwater and explore the amazing marine life on the coral reef. The next day drive your car hire to Islamorada, which is a group of little islands dotted with small boutiques and art galleries. It is also a great destination for sport fishing. For the families out there, we suggest a visit to the Aquarium Encounters, where you can see sharks and pet stingrays. Continue your journey with car hire in Florida across the Seven Mile Bridge to Key West – home to more than 150 species of flora and fauna.
- Age limits: In order to rent any vehicle you have to be 21 years old, however, some rental car suppliers have set the minimum age at 25 years of age.
- Additional papers: Your insurance policy, credit card, and passport or ID card.
- Additional requirements: If you plan to drive your own car, you need a valid registration and proof of internationally valid insurance (check beforehand with your insurance company) in addition to your driver's license, which you have to have on you at all times.
- Children in the car: All children under the age of 5 must be restrained in a proper child restraint system.
- Driving side of the road: Drive on the right side of the road.
- Lights: A vehicle must have its headlights on between twilight and dusk. Headlights must be on during the time between sunset and sunrise, with no exceptions. There is a windshield wiper law in effect for headlight use. When the windshield wipers are on, the headlights must be on.
- General speed limits: The Florida speed limit is 70 miles/hour on Interstates, 65 miles/hour on a four-lane divided highway outside an urban area (with a population of 5,000 or more), and 60 miles/hour on other state highways. Note, you can be issued a ticket for not driving fast enough as it can cause accidents. Move within the posted speed limit and the flow of traffic, taking care not to block other vehicles traveling at normal, safe speeds.
- Parking suggestions: In Florida, you always have to park on the right side of the street, unless it is a one-way street, and don’t park more than one foot away from the curb. To learn more about the parking rules for your car hire in Florida, click here. You can reserve and pay for the parking near you with ParkMobile.