Car hire in Antalya
Basic info and car hire in Antalya
Location: Antalya is located on the Turkish Mediterranean coast boarded by the Taurus Mountains.
Population: 2.28 million (2015)
Official language: Turkish
Currency: Turkish lira
Weather: Antalya is overall known for its warm climate, even though the winter months can be much rainier that the summer months. The average annual temperature is around 18.6 °C. In the wintertime the temperature fluctuates around 11 – 16 °C and in summertime around 24 – 28 °C.
Public holidays in Antalya: New Year’s Day is on the 1st of January, National Sovereignty and Children’s Day is on the 23rd of April, and Labour Day is celebrated on the 1st of May. The Commemoration of Ataturk, Youth and Sports Day falls on the 19th May. Eid al-Fitr is between 1-9 June, with Democracy and National Unity Day on the 15th of July. Eid al-Adha runs between the 11th and 14th of August, Victory Day is on the 30th August, and the Republic Day of Turkey is on the 29th October. For more public holidays in Antalya click here>>
Internet coverage: Free WIFI internet access is almost everywhere and is reasonably good. Most restaurants, hotels and stores will give you access for free.
Road conditions: Highways in coastal regions of Turkey as well as southern and western are generally in good conditions and well maintained. For up-to-date travel information follow this link >>
Are you in for a rich history and stunning natural landscapes? Antalya has these things covered! If you want to relax on a breath-taking beach, named after Hellenistic queen of ancient Egypt, Cleopatra or visit group of waterfalls, named after jumping watermelons, Antalya is the perfect choice for you. Cleopatra’s beach is in the city center and is one of the most popular spots for travelers. Not just because of its golden sand and crystal-clear water but also because you can enjoy unforgettable views on the attractive coast. Düden Waterfalls are also must-see attractions. Not only because of amazing pictures you can make, but also because of its peaceful feeling, you got while walking through small parks near the waterfalls. If you hire a car at Antalya airport you will be able to explore more amazing places you want to see! Antalya has a lot to offer.
Antalya was named after its founder Attalos the second, king of Pergamon and is famous for its reputation as a turkey’s principal holiday resort in the Mediterranean region. It is a lively city with lately, many different cultures. Many foreigners have bought or are looking to buy property in and around Antalya for their summer vacations or for the times when they will be finally retired. Astonishing nature and good weather conditions, not forget to mention delicious food, are perfect match and fault that every year more and more travelers come to Antalya. Hire a car in Antalya and check these amazing places you will be more than happy to explore. Finding the best car hire deals in Antalya with Vehicle Rent is easy!
Driving in Antalya
- Age limits: 18 years old is the minimum to be able to hire a car in Turkey. But we suggest you to double-check with your chosen supplier, because sometimes in order to rent a car you have to be at least 21 years old.
- International Driving Permit: As a foreigner you are able to drive a car with your valid driving license, carrying an International Driving License is optional. In case the valid driving license that you held at least 2 years does not have an identity photograph International Driving License is obligatory.
- Additional papers: Passport and proof of valid insurance while driving in Turkey.
- Additional requirements: Your vehicle needs to carry two warning triangles in case of an accident.
- Children in the car: Children under the age of 12 must sit on the back seat.
- Driving side of the road: Right side of the road.
- Lights: It is not obligatory to have the lights on during the day.
- General speed limits: 120 km/h on the motorway, 90 km/h on the main roads and 50 km/h in built-up areas.
- Parking suggestions: In many parts of Turkey parking is available and free almost everywhere. But please note that parking in residential areas or stopping the vehicle on the road is not permitted.
Drive your rental car around Antalya
Antalya is on the southeast coastline of Turkey, making for a stunning scenic drive whatever direction you choose. If you head west from the city following highway D850, you will come to the Taurus Mountains. Switching over to route E87 will then take you on one of the best driving roads your little Antalya car hire vehicle has ever seen.
Heading South out of the city will take you the coastal route of D400. This route will take you down through Goynuk, Kerner, and Camyuva. All of these are quaint Turkish towns that will give you a real feel for both the people and the culture.
Heading farther east will take you towards another mountain range, as well as towards Serik and Belek. Either east or west will be a charming coastal drive that will present some terrific sites.