Looking to find the best car hire deals in Auckland but don't know where to turn? We here at Vehicle Rent offer an exemplary car hire service in Auckland and the surrounding areas.
We here at Vehicle Rent exist to make vehicle rental and car hire in Auckland as easy as possible, while still providing an optimal level of service for our clients. If you are confused over how to find the best car hire deals in Auckland then look no further – we have them! We also have this helpful list of all the other information you might need to hire a car in Auckland.
Without further ado, let's take a look at some of the information you might need to hire a car in Auckland.
Basic info and car hire in Auckland
- Location: Ray Emery Drive, Auckland Airport, Auckland 2022, New Zealand
- Population: 1.657 Million in Auckland/22 Million passengers per year
- Official language: English Speaking Country
- Currency: New Zealand Dollars
- Weather: Summers in Auckland tend to be hot and humid; winters are wet and damp. It does not get truly cold in Auckland.
- Public Holidays in Auckland: January 1st, 28th January (Auckland Anniversary Day), 6th February, (Waitangi Day), 19th April (Good Friday, 2019), 22nd April (Easter Monday, 2019), 25th April (Anzac Day), 3rd June (Queen's birthday), 28th October (Labour Day), 25th December, 26th December.
- Internet Coverage: Wireless Hotspots available in the terminals
- Road Conditions: Road and driving conditions in and around Auckland International Airport are generally fair to good, but you may not be used to wetter road surfaces in the winter.
Driving in Auckland
- Age Limits: The minimum driving age in Auckland is 16.
- International Driving Permit: Suitable for up to 12 months providing the use is not commercial.
- Additional Papers: English translation of your driving permit, if needed.
- Additional Requirements: Age for Car Hire from Auckland International Airport is 21 or over. You must always carry your driving license with you while you drive. An International Permit must be switched to a New Zealand permit if you stay in the country longer than the specified 12 months.
- Children in the Car: All children under 7 years of age must wear appropriate restraints.
- Driving Side of the Road: The left: as a Commonwealth Country New Zealand is one of the few places in the world that drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Lights: Must be visible from 100m in broad daylight. No darkened tints, driving with interior lights on is illegal.
- General Speed Limits: 50km/h in urban or built-up areas. 100Km/h in deserted spaces, 110 km/h on the expressway of motorway.
- Parking Suggestions: A full list can be found at the NZ Govt. Website.
When you engage in Auckland Car Hire, you can visit anywhere in New Zealand that you want to go! Head south to Miranda, north to Orewa, or west to visit the Manukau Heads. Mount Wellington can be reached without even having to leave the city!
Even if you don't want to stray far in your hire car from Auckland Airport, you can still see plenty of sites. The Milford Sound presents a beautiful drive through mountains and winding valleys with seals and penguins, some of the most sought-after sights. If mountains are what you came to New Zealand to see, then head out of Auckland in your hire car and towards the towering heights of Mount Cook. The Waitomo Glowworm Caves are also well worth the visit.
There are also plenty of opportunities for corporate entertainment or for winning over new clients within range of Auckland Airport. Both the Chamberlain Park and the Titirangi golf clubs are within a short drive of the city center, and you will have a plethora of fine dining establishments from which to choose.
What to see in Auckland
Auckland is full of interesting sights and sounds that you can see when you gain Auckland Car Hire through Vehicle Rent. Some of the favorite tourist attractions include the Sky Tower, which offers panoramic views of the city and surrounding lands. The Auckland War Museum presents an alternative and educational view of the city, while The Auckland Art Gallery is best for art lovers.
Our favourite spots
Hotels in Auckland
Star Victoria Serviced Apartments
Ibis Budget Auckland Airport
Where to eat, drink and party in Auckland
Eat out at the Grove Restaurant for fine dining with a modern twist.
Dine Japanese at Kazuya Restaurant to wow business colleagues.
Party the night away at Club Impala, open until the wee hours of the morning.
Drink at the Caretaker Cocktail Bar and enjoy an excellent selection of alcohol.
Major events and festivals in Auckland
Is all things winter and Christmas – including spectacular fireworks show that the little ones will love!
The Big Day Out is an annual musical extravaganza filled with live band performances. The biggest names in New Zealand music are always ready to play at the Big Day Out.
The Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta – takes place at Waitemata harbor and is one of the largest regattas in the world! This annual celebration is open to everyone and is free to attend for the most part.
Hero Festival – is an annual event where the LGBTQIA + community bring color and fun to the capital.