If you need help finding the best car hire deals in Toronto, we have all the information you could ask for – and more! Read on for all you need to know about car hire in Toronto.
When it comes to finding the best car hire deals in Toronto, you would be forgiven for becoming a little confused. With so many options on the market, it is difficult to know where to turn. Here at Vehicle Rent we provide premium car hire in Toronto for bargain rates you won't believe. No matter what your business is in Toronto, we have a vehicle that is made to match!
To make things easier for all those who are seeking the best car hire deals in Toronto, we put together all these useful pieces of information you will have to know before you go. We want our clients to sit back, relax, and enjoy the sights of Toronto – so let's outline everything you will need to know to hire that Toronto car!
Basic info and car hire in Toronto
- Location: Toronto Pearson International Airport, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
- Population: population of Toronto is 2.93 million, Toronto International Airport services about 1,250 departing planes daily.
- Official language: English and French speaking country with English as the primary language.
- Currency: Canadian Dollars.
- Weather: Exceedingly warm in the summer months, very cold in the winter months. The farther north into Canada you go the more these extremes are realized.
- Public Holidays in Toronto: New Year's Day 1st January, Family Day 18th February, Good Friday 19th April, Victoria Day is on the 20th of May. Canada day is celebrated on the 1st of July, a civic holiday takes places on the 5th of August. Labor Day is celebrated on the 2nd September with Thanksgiving taking place on the 14th of October. Canada also celebrates Christmas Day and Boxing Day as public holidays on the 25th and 26th of December, respectively.
- Internet Coverage: Towifi provides a number of locations that see free Wi-Fi coverage. Wi-Fi is also provided within the airport lounges.
- Road Conditions: The roads in Canada are generally well maintained as long as you stick to the main roads. This website will give you updates on road conditions and traffic news during your Toronto car hire.
Driving in Toronto
- Age limits: Drivers can get their license as young as 16 in Canada, however, to purchase car hire in Toronto you must be over the age of 21 years old.
- International Driving Permit: You do not need an International Driving Permit unless you are staying for more than 90 days, during which time your license will be sufficient.
- Additional Papers: You will need a full driving license, a valid photographic ID, and the third form of ID that proves your home address. You should also keep proof of insurance handy.
- Additional Requirements: If you intend to stay longer than 90 days, you must contact the Ministry of Transportation.
- Children in the Car: Children under the age of 8 who do not meet height and weight requirements must be contained within a suitable booster or forward-facing seat.
- Driving Side of the Road: They drive on the right side of the road in Canada.
- Lights: It is illegal to drive with interior lights on at night, but an in-depth look at the light rules can be found on the Ontario Gov website.
- General Speed Limits: 400 series highways have a speed limit of 100 km/h, provincial highways of between 80 and 90 km/h, and built-up or urban areas have a speed limit of 50km/h.
- Parking Suggestions: You can find side streets in downtown Toronto that offer free parking, but this site has a list of all the paid parking places you can park your Toronto hire car.
What to see in Toronto
Toronto is home to the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Scotiabank Arena, and many other sporting attractions. Other popular destinations include the spectacular Royal Ontario Museum, the CN Tower, and the Casa Loma.
Our favourite spots
Hotels in Toronto
Drive your rental car around Toronto
You will be ideally placed to visit both the city of Mississauga and the city of Hamilton. If you continue on that southern road, you will eventually reach Niagara Falls! To the north lie the Blue Mountains, the Kawartha Lakes, and the stunning Lake Simcoe.
A little closer to the city you can take a drive to the gorgeous city of Ottawa. Montreal lies only an hour further away by car and is a thriving, bustling city with lots to see and do. Take a trip out to the Toronto islands or go for a road trip to enjoy the picturesque scenery that Canada has to offer.
When you book a Toronto hire car using Vehicle Rent, you have access to the whole of Canada! Go where you like, do what you want, live to your itinerary. Anything is possible when you travel with the best car hire deals firm in Toronto!
Where to eat, drink and party in Toronto
Major events and festivals in Toronto
The Toronto Fringe Theatre Festival is Toronto's version of the Edinburgh Fringe.
Toronto Summer Music Festival brings artists from across the world to venues in Toronto.
Toronto's Festival of Beer – is an important one!
Beaches International Jazz Festival is held in Toronto.